Home Maintenance Tasks: June
Posted: 2009-06-01 14:31:29
- Clean and seal decks. Ideally, you'll need three consecutive warm, sunny days. On day one, dry out the deck. Apply deck cleaner and scrub the deck on the second day and let it dry 24 hours. On the third day, apply deck sealer.
- Hire a certified chimney sweep to inspect and clean chimneys. Doing this task now instead of the fall allows plenty of time for repairs before the next heating season. It's also easier to schedule a sweep. Learn more...
- Wash the exterior of your house, using ordinary garden hose pressure and a mild detergent.
- Beware of the pressure washers -- they are powerful enough to force water under the siding where it may encourage mildew and rot.
- Caulk exterior joints around window and doors. Learn more about caulking and weatherstripping here.
- Clean lint from the entire clothes dryer vent system, from the dryer to the exterior vent cap.
- Inspect and repair or repaint all patio and deck furniture.
- Check operation of attic fans and roof-mounted turbine vents.
Provided by move.com