Home Maintenance Tasks: August
Posted: 0000-00-00 00:00:00
- Use a vacuum with a narrow nozzle to clean condenser coils on the back or underneath your refrigerator.
- Check faucets for leaks and replace washers or repair the faucet as necessary.
- Clean underneath range hood. Remove and clean or replace range hood filters.
- Fix "water hammer" noises by draining the plumbing system. Open the uppermost faucet (or the one furthest from the water meter) and the lowest (or closest to the meter) and allow the water to flow to a lower-level sink or floor drain. Draining the system restores air to air chambers. Close the lowest faucet and refill the system.
- Plan interior remodeling projects and get estimates. Plan for the work to be done in early fall.
Provided by move.com